Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Special Christmas Service

 We had a lot of rain during the night but by walk time it had stopped. Ruth was able to join us. She sounds bad but is feeling better. She only walked to Joan's and back before leaving for work. After the walk I started wrapping Christmas presents. 

I quit that job around 10:00 am took 4 rolls of paper towel over to mom's house. Joan was helping mom walk.
As proof that she is doing this herself check out the video below.
I got a notice in yesterday's mail that a package was waiting for me at the post office. I told Joan I was heading there next to pick up that package. When I arrived the postmistress looked at me and said, "Reinhard?" when I answered, "No Sceggel" she explained there was nothing for me but 3 for Reinhard and 1 for Sauder and would I want to take them. I did but stopped at Diane's office first to balance the Horsemeister check book. When I arrived back at mom's house Joan was just getting out of her van. She also went to the post office to pick up her packages. The postmistress looked at her and said, "Honegger?"  Joan told her, "No Reinhard" and the postmistress explained that I had just taken them then said, "you sisters need to go sit down for lunch and figure out who is picking up when."  We really just have to laugh.  Tonight was the special Christmas service at the fellowship hall. It was such a blessing.  At the very end the entire congregation stood up with candles and sang Silent Night. Mom was determined to stand for that song and did (with Joan's help) for the entire song. I took a video of that song and mom standing but held the phone upside down by accident so of course that can't be used.
The rain started back up this morning and rained most of the day. The video below was taken once home from the program. Our patio is underwater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment