Friday, December 30, 2022

Past Perfect Pony

 Our big news was the insulators showed up this morning. Just after I got home from the walk they pulled in. Mark went to talk with them and it didn't take long for the trucks to start running making the foam.

I needed some idea of what to make for Sunday dinner so went through the freezer and pulled out two big packages of chicken breast. Now to just figure out what to make with them and may just decide to make chicken stir fry as we have plenty of egg rolls. That meant I needed to go to Aldi for the fresh vegetables.  Check out the pictures below of my cart when finished.
I hardly filled the cart at all but was actually SHOCKED when it came time to pay. I did NOT buy eggs, or any meat.  Just one gallon of milk, two bottles of ketchup as Mark wants me to make cocktail sauce for the shrimp he bought for the New Years Eve party. One small jar of crunchy peanut butter, 1 pound of asparagus, celery, one loaf of bread, a bag of spinach, broccoli, a small head of cauliflower, one small container of mushrooms, a 3 pack of peppers, a jar of peanuts, crackers, 1 small bag of sugarsnap pea pods, 3 frozen bags of green beans, 4 boxes of wild rice, a couple bags of salad mix, 3 different kinds of chips and a few other items I can't remember off hand. Any guesses on how much this cost?
$106.10  
How is it that the news is reporting that inflation is moderating?  Each week food prices raise and each week we buy less. Amy called to tell me about Duke. Mike bought Duke as a very young pony when his first grand daughter Willow was born 19 years ago.  Duke was a wonderful pony for us. He was trained mostly by Rhoda but lots of the cousins helped. Duke was wonderful for the pony races, camping with the horses, trail rides and pony rides. 


Below is my oldest grand daughter Addyson. Duke was standing by the mounting block and she was determined to climb on. I didn't help just stood back and took pictures as she did it all by herself.
As wonderful as Duke was we had a problem with him. There was no keeping him in any of our fences. He consistently found his way out of what ever fencing we had. Out here in the country our neighbors grow corn and beans. We were very concerned that Duke would get into a corn field and gorge himself then founder so finally ended up selling him to a family at Bridlewood. Amy told me they love him and best of all he is content and doesn't try to escape!

I love hearing good updates on our past perfect ponies.














No comments:

Post a Comment