Saturday, December 10, 2022

Blueberry

Our milk was going sour last night so I left it out and took the lid off. This morning that was used to make Mark blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  I left for Sam's club at 8:15 am hoping to find some cheaper beef to make a big pot of soup and today I DID.  I found a roast marked down to $3.75 pound and some sirloin tip marked down to $3.98 a pound. Each was about 3 pounds. While there I picked up 3 of the rotisserie chickens as that is the cheapest way to buy chicken right now. From Sam's I drove to the Aldi on Allen road, walked into the store and there was Carol Christ, I bought the vegetables for the soup then met Pam Fritzenmeier on the way out.  What was interesting about meeting those women is this evening I met a few of each of their siblings. As soon as I got home I started on the soup by getting the beef in my biggest pot of water and getting that on the stove. While that was heating up the carrots and onions were cut up. Those were added  once the beef had been boiling for an hour.  At 11:00 am I stopped working on the soup and started making Rueben sandwiches for our lunch by slicing the corned beef that was cooked yesterday into thin slices piling that on rye bread adding Swiss cheese and sauerkraut the smearing some home made thousand island dressing before grilling those slowly. Mike called about then, he found a black Thoroughbred mare in Pennsylvania and wanted me to check it out. She is 7 years old almost 16.2 hands tall, off the track and black. I called the owner and after speaking with him decided we should probably take her. As Diane and I are both really busy these next two weeks Mike will be going to pick her up by himself leaving on the 17th right after the Meister Christmas spending the night then picking her up early on the 18th and bringing her home. The picture below isn't the best but we will get much better pictures of her once she is home. Her name is Blueberry, funny I hadn't made blueberry pancakes for a long time.

While I was talking on the phone I burnt the bottoms of the 4 Rueben's and had to start that part over. When the Ruebens were finished they were taken over to mom's house for mom and Ruth. As I was there Ruth had mom walk. We only have her walk if there are two or more there just in case she would need help. She did very well today as you can see in the video below.
I went back to finish working on the soup. Mark and Mackenson came in for lunch about then so Mark got the last Rueben sandwich and Mackenson was made another but without the sauerkraut. Joan, Sarah and Faith went to Hannah's graduation. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with her Bachelors in Nursing.
Sarah took the video below of Hannah walking down the aisle.
Mark and I left for the Princeville church at 6:00 pm. Margaret and Gerald's daughter Christmas was giving her testimony. It was truly good to be there. We stayed pretty late visiting with everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment