Monday, December 19, 2022

Eagle Comback

 No walk for us this morning, Diane is just too busy as she wants to leave tomorrow for Gulf Shores and Joan is currently IN Gulf Shores. Ruth and I are always glad to not have to walk, don't get me wrong we miss the fellowship but with Ruth working full time at the schools and my work here, we really don't need the extra exercise.  My big news is I'm going on a cruise with Ruth leaving Jan 4th. She signed up and paid for a non refundable cruise, round trip air line tickets to Florida and 2 nights in an airbnb a long time ago and now Fedi can't go. The cruise and airline let her transfer it into my name so the two of us will go and enjoy the sunshine and warmth of summer in the mid winter. I needed to be at mom's by 8:00 am and stayed today until after supper.  When Karin got home she had mom walk. 

Walking is important but I'm not experienced enough to help mom when here by myself. She was enjoying the new slippers from David and Leah and the cotton dress from Rachel. Both of those were Christmas gifts. While Karin was here I ran to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. In the field next to ours were two big bald eagles.  There were cars behind me so I didn't stop to take a picture. Once the mail was picked up it was taken to the Berean office for tomorrow. On the way home there was only 1 eagle. It flew right over the car and landed in the neighbor's tree. I turned the car around to get a picture. 
This is very close to Phil and Anna's house. I think this is the pair that have been flying over the lake. It is nice to see the eagles making a comeback.
Mike brought Blueberry over to show mom the new horse. I took a few pictures and later will use these for a page on the Horsemeister Website. 
He walked her back to the 4 wheeler then asked her to follow him back to the barn.
I was amazed at how quiet this young 7 year old TB mare IS!










No comments:

Post a Comment