Saturday, December 3, 2022

Crazy Times

 Mark started the wood burner again this morning as it was only in the teens. The heat felt great. He went up to feed the cat while I worked on removing the stems from the spinach leaves for the omelet I promised to cook for mom's household this morning. All of the supplies for that were taken over at 7:45 am. It turned out delicious. After breakfast mom and I went back to work on the puzzle.

Last night we worked on it but was not able to finish it, we left the hard part for this morning. Well the two of us finally got it done. Aunt Jinnie helped yesterday but today she worked on her needle point while we did the puzzle.
After lunch Karin came in with the mail and there were a lot of Christmas cards to open and enjoy.

Those Christmas cards are such a bright spot each day.  Mom has them hung on her closet door by the dining room table so they can be looked at and admired for months.  I left there at 2:30 pm so Mark and I could move a bale in for Valiant.
Once the tractor was put away I left for grocery shopping. Oh my what a terrible time to go. The stores were packed. It was hard to even walk down any of the aisles at Aldi. From there I went to Sam's club. I thought I was going to buy chicken teriyaki for our Sunday dinner but Sam's was out. They didn't even have my second choice of mesquite chicken so the 3rd choice was to pick up some rotisserie chickens except they were out of those too.  I ended up being able to buy 4 racks of ribs and one chicken pot pie, salad stuff, a big can of Bush's baked beans, 15 pounds of potatoes for baking. It will be kind of a mixmatched dinner but Oh Well All can be just heated up or baked so tomorrow should be kind of easy. I stopped at Culvers for a fish dinner to share with Mark since it was almost 5:00 pm before I could get home. Crazy times crazy times.  The picture below probably shows WHY we are having such crazy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment