Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Early Sceggel Christmas

With the predicted blizzard on Thursday Rhoda sent a text asking if anyone wanted up move the Sceggel Christmas to tonight instead of Thursday.  All 26 of us could make it tonight. That meant the crockpot lasagna would need to be started this morning.  Ruth, Diane and I walked but I quit after the first round. I needed to load all the ingredients to make 2 full crock pots of crock pot lasagna for tonight while staying at mom's.  What was crazy is I got it all in there except forgot the lasagna noodles. I also wanted to switch out my crockpots. One out of the 3 I have is cracked and I only like to use that when I need all of them but somehow I grabbed the cracked on this morning. Karin stayed until I got back, probably 3 full minutes. How thankful I am to live close to family. There was a lone goose out on the lake while I was filling the bird feeders at mom's this morning. The lake is mostly frozen so the goose was walking on top of the ice. The lasagna was made while mom was watching the 2nd episode of the 3rd season of The Chosen. At 2:30 pm Karin came home and I was free to go. When I got home there was that goose standing in the drive looking right at me.  The goose started up the barn drive and only after unloading all the lasagna out of my car and into Mark's did I walk over to take a picture. By this time the goose was getting close to the top of the hill. 

This poor goose has something wrong with his wings. The automatic waterers are open if he or she needs a drink but the lakes are freezing over fast. Not sure this goose will survive the winter. Since the Sceggel Christmas was to start at 4:30 and we live 45 minutes away from Rhoda we needed to have the car loaded and pull out at 3:45 pm. We were the first to arrive. Each family came in bearing gifts. The children were excited. Well all except Zeke. He wasn't sure why we were all in HIS house. 
All was fine when his mama held him.
Below is a video of some of the party.
After the gifts, the kids played games downstairs while the adults played games upstairs. Rhoda and Lee have a wonderful home for hosting and we sure all enjoyed the evening. IF the blizzard doesn't end up coming we should do it all again on Thursday night. JK Lee! Speaking  of the blizzard. Last night the weather.com website was predicting 8 to 10 inches starting Thursday afternoon and the temps dropping down to -8 degrees by Friday morning.  They have moderated quite a bit, there is a 90% chance of snow but only 1 to 3 inches. We will have blowing snow, high winds and -6 degrees actual temperature. Still not good for traveling. 






No comments:

Post a Comment