Monday, August 23, 2021

Trailer Returns

 Right after the walk, around 8:00 am I drove in to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. The first camping trailer was scheduled to come back anywhere between 9:00 am and 11:00 am. The post office wasn't that busy but they only had one lady manning the place so I ended up waiting longer than expected. On the way home the phone went off with a text that one of the renters got an early start and wanted to drop off the trailer early.  I was still 8 miles away when they sent the next text that they were 1 mile away.  I asked them to just back it in and I would be there soon.  I actually arrived at 5 minutes after 9:00 am and they had just unhooked the trailer. They had driven all the way from North Carolina to pick up the trailer and take it to 3 Sister's Park for Summer Camp. All was well with the trailer, they had a great time and didn't seem to mind the extra few minutes of wait. This was not the trailer that was due at 9:00 am this was the one that was due to be delivered at 2:00 pm and these people had paid for us to dump. I drove back to my place grabbed the truck and took the trailer into the field, dug a hole and dumped, then flushed it out. By the time I had it cleaned and parked it was 10:30 and the next trailer arrived. This was the Keystone and the renters were 2 guys from Pennsylvania. Last year they tented and were thrilled to find this trailer. Since those 2 were already back I called the man that rented the Wolf Pup and told him I was on the way to pick that one up. It started raining as I was driving and continued to rain as I was hooking up the trailer but stopped as I was driving home. This trailer also needed to be dumped but I was pleased that all 3 trailers came back in good shape. We weren't sure when we heard they were all going to Summer Camp. I finished up with all the trailers around 2:00 pm and finally was making lunch when Mark arrived. He needed some help with cutting boards of insulation for the barn. We worked on that until the saw belt broke. I went over to visit with mom while he got on line to order more belts.  Ameren was here turning the power on for the new barn. They brought 3 huge trucks and 6 men out to do this job.  By the way that picture was taken with my new phone. 

The phone isn't hooked up yet for calling people, I'll need to go in to the shop to get that done but Phil got it going that any pictures taken goes right away to my gmail account. Pretty cool. Spark came with his machine to fill in the hole from where the power wire goes from the transformer to the barn board.
Ameren came back out and put in the meter. We are now good to go!  The picture below was also on my google drive (which I didn't even know I had a google drive). That is Amy and I. Amy is riding Nora (now deceased) and I was riding Jenis, (now sold). We took these two mares to Farmdale Park and had a wonderful ride. 
We met each other when I was a year old and Amy was 2 years old. She lived across the street from Pleasant Home and would come walking over all by herself to visit me (the current baby of the family) 65 years ago. We both loved horses and spent almost every free hour together exploring the world on horse back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment