Monday, August 16, 2021

Thin Skin

 The horses were fed before the walk this morning then I took some left over rice over to Joan's. She rode back on the golf cart with me to join mom in the walk. Bethany and new baby Anni joined us too. After the walk mom and I dropped her car off to the car repair place in Hanna City. She wanted to get her fender fixed. After mom was dropped off I went to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then to Aldi in Pekin where I picked up $125.00 worth of groceries. What is sad about that is it really wasn't that many bags and I didn't buy any meat. We were getting low on staples. When I got home I finished the last 4 registrations and got them ready to mail. It is almost $1000.00 to get the 12 foals from 2021 registered.  Everything has gone up substantially, and yet I heard from the news that Biben said we did not have inflation. I don't think he knows what that means.  Oh well this to hopefully will pass. The pictures from yesterday were downloaded and posted in yesterday's post. This evening Mark and I drove to Princeville to look at Cindy's barn and got some good ideas for ours.  I thought he may take me out to eat but that didn't happen. Thankfully we have plenty of left overs. I really didn't want to take the time so it wasn't a big deal plus I've heard restaurants are really charging a lot these days. Mark wanted to get the bush hog mower off the Kubota and put the log splitter on. We need to start thinking about preparing for winter. That bush hog is not easy to get on or off and I cut my arm on it. It wasn't deep, just that old people have thin skin and are usually on a baby aspirin a day which thins out the blood. Maybe old people shouldn't be working, or maybe we just need to be a little more careful. 

NAH, I'm good.
I got the bush hog off the tractor then came inside to clean up and get a bandaid on to stop the bleeding. Mark put the log splitter on by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment