Monday, August 9, 2021

Dead on Arrival

We awoke to a thunderstorm this morning with lots of lightning, thunder and rain. At 6:55 am it started pouring and we were all sure there would be no walk today but by 7:15 am the rain stopped so off we went. Mom was able to walk all the way to Joan's and the barns before heading back to the house. She is getting stronger.  After the walk I got in the truck to take the trailer over to the water hydrant only to find it dead. Something in the trailer must have been left on and it drained the truck battery. Tom Haefli was here putting up new fly catchers and had jumper cables but we weren't able to get it started. I couldn't find our charger so borrowed mom's and got the truck running then was able to wash the trailer and park it. The charger was taken back to mom's. My next job was to take the motor home to a gas station for gas. Yesterday every one of Casey's gas pumps were closed so I wanted to drive the Prius first there to make sure they had gas this morning only the Prius was dead.  I drove back to mom's to borrow the charger again. Karin pulled up right about then and I asked if she noticed if Casey's had gas. She drove right by, didn't notice, but offered me her Prius to go check it out. I started driving got past the water tower when I noticed the car was flashing "key not detected". Sure enough the key was not in the car. Since it drove that far without a key I decided to continue to Casey's found they had gas, drove back and before turning off the car met Karin to make sure she had the key. She did, it was in her pocket.  The motorhome was taken to Casey's and filled and even before I got home Ben had sent the money to pay for the gas with Paypal. The other FSX trailer was hauled over to Joan's. From there I drove the truck to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail and then stopped at the Casey's in Peoria to fill that up. It was 1 cent cheaper per gallon than the one in Hanna City and was right on the way. Anna was here cleaning the apartment so the girls and I played games until she took them home. As there were 6 adults, 1 infant and a dog there for the last 5 days she washed all of the bedding including the throws. The pictures below were of yesterday afternoon. Addyson, Jace and Abe were helping me in the kitchen. Below they are mixing the eggs for the brownies.

After the brownies were in the oven they were put to work cutting the take out containers so we could use them for dinner instead of using paper plates.
Abe sat down to work on his.
With all the rain today the workers did not show up to work at the barn. Mom made liver and onions for lunch and saved me some. That is one of my favorite meals but I don't cook it as no one else likes it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment