Monday, August 2, 2021

On the Road Again

 Rosaleigh gave me a scare this morning. She came running up to the gate, dropped and rolled got up and started stomping then biting at her belly. It didn't look like a colic but she was obviously in pain. I took her in to the indoor and hosed her off but that didn't help. She wanted to eat grass but after a few bites would frantically start biting at her chest between her front legs then roll again.  I put her in the stall and ran to get Banimine. She had manured in the stall but was still pretty frantic. 10 cc's of injectable Banimine was squirted into her mouth, that is much safer than injecting in a muscle, and she was taken back out to graze. It took about 15 minutes for the Banimine to work enough that she  finally stop stomping, trying to roll and biting at herself.  I think she probably got into a ground hornet nest and was probably stung a lot on her chest and belly.  None of the other horses which were all in the same field reacted so not sure but I didn't take a chance and all of them were moved into the middle paddock. That meant I couldn't leave for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail until close to 11:00 am. From there I drove to Sam's club to pick up food for our scheduled camping trip on Friday and while at Sam's picked up a big apple pie for the Berean workers. The mail and pie were dropped off at the Berean office before heading home. I drove straight up to the camper to load 2 cases of bottled water along with the other food purchased for that trip. As soon as the car was emptied Mark sent a text that the tire was fixed and could be picked up which meant a trip to East Peoria Tire. The other news is Hadassah's filly is sold.


She actually sold on Saturday night after we went to bed. The owner sent the deposit by paypal. I didn't see it until Sunday morning and marked her sold but forgot to post about that here.  The owner named her Quiet Dreamer and sent this email why: "I have decided on a name: Quiet Dreamer. She will be Called Dee for short. I will tell you why I chose this name, not sure if it matters but I thought I would share. I am profoundly Hard of Hearing and progressively going deaf. This is something I have dealt with most all of my life, however it is diminishing faster now that I am older (I am 37, so not old, but apparently it plays a factor). My world has been growing Quieter for many years, however that doesn’t stop the dreaming. I have had my fare share of challenges and the dreams have held. After years of work I am in a place, with the help of my wonderful husband and family, where I can afford to come back to a sport that I was so passionate about for over a decade. She is the dream. She will be my love as my world goes silent, and we will still dream!"
As I had a name for her I was able to get 3 more registrations done and ready to mail. I still have 4 yet to register. Two have names and two still need a name. Tatiana's filly and Jewel's colt.  Mike is calling Lola's colt Rockaway and the owner of Rosaleigh's colt sent in a name but wants one more day before he makes up his mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment