Thursday, July 1, 2021

A New Baby

Mark left early to drive over to Joan's to put the receiver hitch on the trailer. The man that is renting it tomorrow wants to haul bikes and this works perfect.

Mom didn't walk this morning. She had a strange episode last night, woke up around 3:00 am and found blood in her mouth. Where her implants are going to go had started bleeding. She got a wet tea bag and used that to stop the bleeding. That is what the dentist had recommended. She wasn't able to get the bleeding stopped for about 40 minutes but ended up spending the rest of the night in her chair. Her blood pressure had shot up which is what we think caused the bleeding. She took more of her blood pressure medicine and all seems to be well today.  Ruth, Diane and I walked. Joan is in Bluffton where her daughter Bethany was in labor giving birth to a beautiful baby girl they named Annie Marie  Annie weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and 18 inches long. The picture below was taken right after birth.



Congratulations Bill and Bethany, big brothers Joshua and William along with big sister Daisy will be thrilled to welcome Annie Marie home. 
I left for Middle Grove to pick up Indy. We have had so much rain that I parked out on the road and walked in to find them. They were at the top of the hill all spread out grazing.
I was glad to see that Indy is obviously still pregnant. She is our last mare to foal for 2021. 
Before leaving with her I spent a little time checking over the mares and foals and took pictures. If you would like to see them click HERE. Indy was led down to the trailer and all the horses followed us down the hill.
Irish's colt decided to follow us all the way to the gate and the rest of the herd just fell in behind him.
When I got back the trail riders were just coming back from a successful ride.
Karin was riding Mika and he was the first to be untacked and hosed off. Below he is waiting for fly spray.
Indy was hosed off as she had been rolling in a big mud puddle and had mud caked on her belly and on her udder. She loves the cool water. After her bath I took the pictures below to show her baby bump.

She was turned out in the pond pasture with Rosaleigh and Madiera and their two foals. Below she is walking into the paddock where they were happily munching away on the hay.
She was quick to join them and they were glad to see her.
After she was settled I left for the DMV in Pekin, to get a new sticker for the 4 horse trailer.  That actually expired yesterday and Karin said something about using it tomorrow.  When I arrived there they told me it was an hour and a half wait and they were making us wait outside in the sun. When I told them it was just for a sticker I got in earlier. From there I went to Aldi for groceries.  When I got back Kensley was here and she unloaded the car while I put the sticker on the trailer license. I took her back to the lake where the beach was crowded with kids and adults. 
Mike called to report the cabin horses needed another bale. That was moved in then later I dug a trench to drain Evan's paddock. Laundry was also done this afternoon and evening. With so much mud we were going through the clothes quickly. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment