Thursday, July 22, 2021

Only a Number

 Mom had visitors early this morning making themselves at home on the lily pad swim raft and they weren't human. 

They are welcome to use it BUT some of the geese leave goose poop. This family must have been toilet trained as they didn't leave any this morning. We had a good walk this morning. Mom was able to do one round, Ruth had to quit after the first round as she had to go to work.  Diane, Joan and I did the second, then stopped at the barn to pull Whisky, the outside mare out. The owner told me she doesn't tie so I asked Joan and Diane to help. Joan held Whisky while I brought Evan up. After the cover Diane held Evan and let him graze while Whisky was put away.
We walked Joan home then walked home ourselves.  I was able to finish the paper work for 5 registrations. The pictures of each foal were emailed in then I took the batch to Diane's office for a big envelope, stuck the check in for $345.00.  Each year the cost of registering these foals goes higher and higher. We have not raised our prices on the foals but may need to. I'm just waiting on owners to give me the names so I can send in the next batch. While at Diane's she suggested we balance the check book BUT I had left that at home after writing the check out for the registry. That meant I had to drive home then back. The good news about that is she found I had forgotten to record a deposit so we had an extra $1000.00 that I didn't count on. When I got back the men working on the new barn were hard at work putting up the last of the trusses. The pictures below were after they had left for the day.

Karin and Jackie arranged to meet at mom's at 3:30 pm for a visit and games. Mom was pretty tired after quilting and grocery shopping today but it was still good to be together. After supper Mark went out to the old barn to move our 2 x 10 x 12s out to the building site. These were my dividers for the stalls but I haven't used them for at least 8 years so decided to save money and used them on the new barn up in the attic. The men need something to walk on. Mark moved 16 of them, there are still around 10 left which will be moved over later. Ripper will be leaving us tomorrow afternoon and his Coggins and health papers were on line today so those were printed off, a transfer paper from the IALHA registry was also printed off and the paper work signed. I have everything ready for the owner.  I didn't do a lot of physical labor today but am still tired. Must be my age, although I've been told that is only a number.



No comments:

Post a Comment