Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Ugly Disgusting Pests

 Something has been eating our tomato plants. Each night eating the tops off the plants. We were sure it wasn't deer and since it was the tops of the tomato plants couldn't imagine a rabbit climbing up the trellis to just eat the tops.  This morning we found out what was doing the damage. The ugly disgusting tomato worm. Mark pulled one off that had to be 6 inches long. They blend in so well with the tomato branches it we were searching for about 10 minutes this morning pulling off and smashing at least 10 of these things.


Actually I was the one smashing them. Mark would carry them into the woods and throw them on the ground. He is really soft hearted.  We quit when it was time for me to leave for the walk.  Just mom, Diane, Ruth and I walked this morning. Joan took her kids to Morton for the garage sales.  While there she got a phone call from Rosvita and her sister Nightingale needing help moving. They had to be out of their house by Thursday and had no way to move furniture. Joan called me while we were still at Berean to borrow the truck and trailer. Mom and I left pretty quickly but had to stop first at the Bartonville post office to drop off the Bibles. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  After mom was taken home the truck was taken to Casey's to fill the gas tank. Joan was waiting up at the trailers when I got back, directed me to the hitch, hooked up the trailer and off she went.

She took Mackenson, Faith and Berlica and between the 4 of them were able to move most of the big heavy furniture to the storage facility by filling the truck and trailer to capacity. Thank goodness for Mackenson. He is amazingly strong and could help like an adult. They were not able to finish so tonight after supper Joan went back with the kids and the truck and trailer to try to finish getting the rest of the big stuff and worked until 11:30 pm. I drove over to mom's see some of my grandchildren who were swimming at the lake today. I was greeted by Rizzy, Israel and Elisabet's dog and Pax, Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley's dog.

Rhonda and Molly's family arrived bringing Bear, Josiah, Eden, Asher, and Dafna's dog.  Those 3 dogs have so much fun playing together.
I had to leave as I needed to move round bales but on the way back to the barn stopped to snap the picture below of a couple of EB builder men working on the new barn roof.

The far paddock got a new bale and Ribbon's old paddock not a new bale. The hog panels were moved out of the shelters in the middle paddock and tomorrow I will need to move a couple bales in there. Mark got home around 4:00 pm hungry. He had left his lunch here so supper was made right away. After supper he went out to clean up the construction site.

He wanted to use the skid steer to get the fallen branches out of the lake today. While he was pulling them out Mike rode by on Oksana while ponying the yearling Dancer. Dancer is Jewel's 2020 filly. She is really tall for a yearling and so very sensible.
After cutting up the branch and loading the logs into the skid steer bucket Mark brought it back then decided to go swimming. 
There were a few others swimming, it is still 85 degrees even this late. While at Berean today Shirley was telling me about a podcast from the Paul Garcia show interviewing Rick Plattner. We grew up with Rick, he was in our young group and he became an elder in the Fairbury church. It was very interesting so I am posting it below:  
After moving bales I took a few pictures. Below is a picture of Whiskey, the outside mare, happy and content in her own paddock.
I was also able to get a couple pictures from yesterday downloaded off my phone, those will be placed on Yesterday's blog as they were of the vet clinic. My phone is on strike and will not share pictures with my email address. Tonight I had the brilliant idea of sharing them on Facebook, quickly saving them to my desk top so they can be posted. I'll share them here also just in case no one wants to see yesterday's news. Below is Emma at Hoerr Vet clinic with the shot for Whiskey.
Below Terry is entering all the information for billing purposes.



















No comments:

Post a Comment