Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Middle Grove Trip

 More rain today, imagine that! This has been the wettest June on record. Karin arrived and instead of riding taught 2 girls how to round pen Valiant. After finishing with him we backed the truck and trailer into the indoor to get out of the rain, loaded up 3 mares and 3 foals and took them to Middle Grove. It was pouring earlier but when we arrived just sprinkling. We just let them go at the gate and took off. No pictures because of the rain.  When I got back I teased Rosaleigh and when she said no, moved her into the pond pasture with Madiera and her colt. Madiera needed to be teased but she was across the dam on the far side of the pond pasture. I started walking over but there was so much rain and mud it was really slippery on the dam. I decided not to chance a fall as my arm is still very sore. Madiera didn't get teased or covered today. Hopefully she is already out. The weather report sounds really good. The rain is supposed to be over tonight and no rain is predicted for the next full week. That will be such a nice break. I will need to bring a few horses back from Middle Grove. Both Mayberry and Jewel's 2020 filly need to come back and of course I need to bring Indy back. Indy is our last mare due for 2021. She was bred to Evan and her foals by Evan are always spectacular. Below is a video of the full sibling to the expected foal.

Mark drove mom and I to church tonight. Tim Roecker had the message. It was good to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment