Monday, July 5, 2021

Yearlings

 A lady wanted to see a video of the two yearlings as she wants to make up her mind which one she wants. Since our day was going to be very hot with temps in the 90s I wanted to get that done in the morning. No one was out here to help and Mark was out weed whacking the field where the construction workers for the new barn will be tomorrow.  When he came in to around 9:30 I asked if he would be willing and he was. Mayberry was taken out first. 



She was left in the round pen while Dana was brought out to join her.

Below is the video:

The airbnb guest were pulling out as I was putting the yearlings back. As soon as I cooled down and cleaned up a bit I ran up to the apartment to get all the laundry. There were 6 guests plus a dog so lots of laundry today. That was taken down to the house and started. Once the laundry was started I headed back up to start moving round bales. The middle paddock got 2 bales and Valiant's paddock got a new bale. Karin helped with Valiant's opening the gate and keeping Valiant occupied with grain at the other gate. When the bales were all moved it was time to move the horses. The far paddock waterer sprung a leak so that was turned off and those horses moved into the middle paddock then the 2 yearlings moved in with them.  Tomorrow morning early Jewel has an appointment at the vet clinic to get one of the twins she is carrying pinched off and Mayberry needs a new coggins so I wanted them sharing a paddock before they are hauled to the clinic. The people bringing back the 3 trailers out for rental this weekend all arrived around the same time. The Wolf pup was brought back first at 1:45 pm, the Keyston was brought back around 2:30 pm and the FSX was brought back at 3:00 pm.  Each trailer had to be gone through with the renters before signing off. After checking in the last trailer I stopped at mom's for a visit. Dan and Abram were there working on mom's solar system installing a surge protector. I heard a truck at the field so when I left mom's stopped to see what was happening. Two big trucks full of lumber were dropped off for tomorrow.
I left there to start on the apartment.  I had the apartment blocked off for Proclaim and Serve in case we were keeping guests but Joan sent a text that it wasn't needed. The apartment was unblocked but by unblocking it I had to clean it just in case someone rented it for tonight.  Anna usually does this job but is in Kansas.  By this time it was very hot outside but the apartment was nice and cool. The air conditioner works there. The last guests had it set on 74 so I was in no hurry to finish. This evening Mike called to report the cabin horses needed another bale. The sunset was gorgeous but I didn't take my phone so can't share it here. I'm thankful that I got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment