Friday, July 2, 2021

Trailer CheckOut

 What a beautiful morning, cool with low humidity. When I got to mom's her beach was already crowded but not with people. The geese families were over. 


Mom was able to walk today doing the barn and Diane's before heading home. Ruth, Diane and I did the second round at a quicker pace. After the walk I needed to do a few finish ups on the trailers. All 3 were leaving today. The first renters arrived around 9:15 am and spent a lot of time learning about the trailer before hooking it up and taking off. 

The second people showed up about a half hour after the first one left. They were sure that Joan was a photographer as they had their pictures taken here. I explained that wasn't Joan but Rachel, another of my sisters.  As I was showing the Keystone to the renters the phone started ringing which I didn't answer then 3 texts came through all from the first renter. After the renter left with the Keystone I read the first text from the first renter to find he couldn't get the fridge to run on propane. I called him to explain what needed to be done but he explained he already figured it out and all was working perfectly. When I got back to the house there was a message from Rhoda that the floating mat mom bought had been damaged in shipping. Rhoda took pictures of the damage then repackaged it. I got on the Sam's website to request a replacement and a return lable for the first mat only to find they were all out of them and it couldn't be replaced. They offered us a refund of $55.00 instead of the $264.00 if we would keep it. Mom decided she would do that and had some gorilla tape. Rhoda used that to tape up the damaged part before hauling it into the water. 
The kids love the mat and all jumped into the water to play on it. Below is a short video.

When I left the beach I got the cookies out for the airbnbn guests coming in this evening, put those in the apartment then cleaned up the barn. At 3:15 pm I met the last renters for the Wolf pup at the road and they followed me to Joan's. They filled out the paperwork pretty quickly and were on their way within a half hour.
EB builders brought more equipment over and parked it in the field. They are going to start the building next week.
Indy's udder was checked and no change so she was left out with Rosaleigh and Madiera. Mark worked on removing tree limbs from the big downed limb then went over to mom's for a quick swim. Our airbnb guests arrived just a few minutes ago. They are here to visit family for a couple days. We are supposed to have a nice day tomorrow and I am planning on hauling Mayberry and Dana home from Middle Grove. Mike and Diane are staying out there this weekend and are willing to help load.







No comments:

Post a Comment