Friday, July 30, 2021

Mouse Gets a Ride

 After our walk and after breakfast I left for the dmv in Peoria to get the new trailer in my name and a license plate for it.  That place is always a mad house, so many people waiting in line. One lady walked out and handed her number ticket to someone else proclaiming, "I don't have time for this!"  I thought about bribing the person who got that ticket but really didn't have any cash on me so that thought was fleeting. Finally all was done and I was $170.00 poorer but had a new license plate. I got in the car and started driving to Sam's for my next job when I saw something out of the corner of my eye zoom from under the seat up under the dash. At first I thought I was seeing a shadow, then a bit later the shadow went zooming back under the seat. Then I thought it was a dark ball the kids must have left rolling under the seat so put on the brakes a little hard to get it to roll back but nothing came out. All of this time I'm driving up Sterling and at the next stop light out from under the seat comes running a mouse. How the mouse got into the car was a mystery. 

I don't mind them and think they are cute but sure didn't want it running up my skirt so pounded my leg to get the mouse to run to the back seat. Well it did but didn't stop there, it ran all the way to the back window and was running back and forth along the window in plain view of the car behind me as I was stopped at Sterling and Glenn. The reaction of the driver was really kind of funny. I just threw up my hands and laughed. There was nothing I could do at that point. Actually I started praying for the mouse believing I was going to have to set a trap as soon as I got home and felt bad about killing it. Except right about then it ran back to the front and climbed up on the dash running back and forth in the front window. I opened both the passenger side window and the driver side window hoping it would fall out as I was driving up 150 towards Sams. It was watching me closely as it got to the window, started out but then got scared so I had to help push it out of the car. At Sam's club I was able to buy 2 of the 4 inch gel mattress pads for the queen size beds on the Wolf Pup and the Wildwood. I also purchased 2 full size water proof mattress pads for the 2 double bunks in the Wildwood. When I got home they were taken out to the trailer and put on.

These beds will make for very comfortable sleeping. Our Airbnb guests left and Anna arrived to clean the apartment. This couple had a 12 year old child and a beagle dog AND they stayed for a week and yet the apartment was spotless. They also left a great review:  Judith is a spectacular host! Exemplary communication and customer support. Judith even rushed some homemade soup, chili, and fresh cherries to the unit after we arrived to check in late after restaurants were closing. The property is simply amazing with abundant space to roam including watching action at the working horse farm. Dog friendly and doggie paradise!! The unit was sparkling clean and feels like home. Wonderful place to rest and recharge. Light sleepers may want to bring ear plugs due to HVAC noise. We loved this stay and enthusiastically recommend it to anyone wanting to step off of the beaten path!!
The weather this week was extremely hot so that apartment air conditioner really got a work out. Our new guests arrived this afternoon. Of course they had to introduce their 2 year old daughter to Evan.
I gave them a ride to the playground on the golf cart. 

Mark got home and after dinner came up to put the license plate on the trailer.
There was a board down in the paddock the mares are using so after finishing the license plate he was willing to fix that too. We finished up with that as the sun was going down. 








No comments:

Post a Comment