Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ylse


Ylse is still in season and Steven Marchal drove out and got her covered by Raven. We are hoping this will be her last cover and she settles. She has been in for 6 days. I drove out early, fed Raven and walked with mom but then had to leave as Philip got a piece of metal embedded in his eye and he wanted me to try to get it out. We think it is now out so hopefully no damage was done to his eye.
While Steven was out at the farm he let Lily and Ciera out to graze, hand grazed Raven, covered Ylse, and worked with the fillies. When he was done he could not find Valiant. After searching with no luck he called me. I was at work and couldn't leave, I'm trying to figure out who to ask to drive over when he found him. Steven thinks that Valiant was laying down by a tree, then rolled the wrong way and was stuck for a while because usually he comes running when he sees anyone. He had mud and leaves stuck to him. I really like having the mares and foals together in the cabin field, there is plenty of grass and lots of shade but it is a little too big if we start losing foals.

No comments:

Post a Comment