Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mouse in my House


Ok, more than just one, isn't this one cute? But... I just don't want mice in my house. We had company on Sunday night and a mouse ran right across the dining room floor behind the piano, IN FRONT of the COMPANY! That did it! so it was down to TSC to buy traps and poison. I hate buying poison but my old traps are not catching the mice. They are just a very young litter so don't weigh enough to snap the traps, they are eating the peanut butter right off without setting the trap off. I bought 4 traps, these are a new kind, so perhaps they will work. Every fall we have the same problem and it hasn't even gotten cold yet.
I still remember the time Karin came to help me clean and asked "why is there cheese in the corners?" That would be Rhoda feeding the mice, a true animal lover. Of course she was only 10 at the time. When I was young, I use to catch them out in the fields and carry them with me either in my pocket or purse. One time I forgot I had one in my purse went up to our local nickle and dime store, called Hornsbys, I opened my purse to see how much money I had and the mouse jumped out and started running down the aisle. I started chasing the mouse when the manager saw it and yelled, "stand back, I'll take care of it!" I didn't have the guts to tell him, the mouse was mine. Poor thing came to an awful death at the hands of a very irate manager and his broom.

1 comment:

  1. Laughed out loud with that story, Judy! You are one of a kind!!

    ReplyDelete