Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sally vs Samantha


The lady buying Samantha has decided that she would like to purchase Big Sally instead. I talked to my Horsemeister partners, Diane and Mike, and both have agreed. We will bring Sally in from Middle Grove next month to get her ready to go to Tennessee. Her colt will by weaned in September so that should work out well. I will take Samantha off the sold and place Sally on the sold. The picture is of Big Sally when she was at Emily's. Doesn't Emily look so small on her?
After doing our grocery shopping last night, the laundry needed to be done and the mare paddock cleaned. The paddock cleaning yesterday all paid off, we had more rain and everything was muddy but the paddock wasn't too bad and there were only 2 piles of manure in the shelter. I let the mares out into the field at 6:00pm and this morning didn't call them in until 5:15am so they had a good long graze. They were not waiting for me in the paddock but when I called, they came at a gallop. Darcy loves coming with me to call in the horses. She gets so excited that she may see a squirrel. She hasn't seen one in months and could never catch one but just maybe there will be one AND when we are done calling in the horses she gets to bring in the paper. Her BEST job EVER! She excitedly runs circles until I head to the front of the house, then takes off fast to beat me to the steps. She grabs the paper, runs out in the yard, does a few circles then runs to the back door and waits for me to open the door. Almost every day this is great but once in a while the paper ends up scattered all over the yard.
Below is an email from the lady that bought Liberty. She also emailed a picture but this computer doesn't have the program I need to compress, I REALLY appreciate the updates:
I wish I could express in words the happiness I feel with this little Filly...Here she was yesterday ( Aug 1st, 2009 ) on her first day out of the pasture being ponyed by big brother Bubba. She did not spook one time as cars, tractors, motorcycles and dogs wizzed by her came at her. At one point she became bored and wanted to play...she likes to keep her mind active for sure. NOTHING phases her, NOTHING! Her mane is so think it hangs on both sides of her neck same as Bubba. Everyone thinks he is her momma. well unitl they check the plumbing. Thank you so much for putting out there quality Raven babies...everyday I wake up I can not wait to start working with her. She is AMAZING. And beautiful. The temperment of Liberty is so outstanding. I have other friends who have much older young horses that don't have half the demeanor she does. She is so calm about everything. Her curious spirit makes her so fun. She is always ready to try what ever I put at her. I would be very interested in a Full blooded Friesian Raven son in the future so keep me in mind.....Melody Miller and Liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment