Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vaulting Practice

Karin is ready to start up the vaulting practices again now that she is home from Florida. The vaulters are performing on Saturday at Weaver farms for the CIRTS benefit but Karin does not have many vaulters left. Joan is gone with her kids, Rachel is gone with her kids, Dan and Susan are gone with their kids.
I grained the mares and checked their water tank before leaving for the lake. The tank was low so I just put enough in to make sure they have water until I can clean it back up again. When I got to the farm, Ribbon had AGAIN knocked down the round bale feeder. I put it up so well this morning, I thought there is no way she will get it down again. Steven calls and tells me that Autumn is caught in it so he needs to take it down to get her free. Ribbon chased Autumn right through it. Steven is going to let Autumn graze with Lily and Ciera, then put her in with them for the night. Tomorrow Autumn is leaving for Middle Grove. I thought Ribbon would be glad for the company but she is being a bully. She kicked Autumn hard enough to leave a cut. I've arranged to drive to Forrest early tomorrow to pick up Anni and Knight. Emily Ricketts, the girl training them will be coming with us to ride when we take them to Middle Grove. Steven is also going to go to Middle Grove and with their help and Karin's help, I will pull hair from Royal, Piper, and Chloe to send in with their registrations.
I've arranged with Hoerr Vet clinic to come on Friday to draw coggins in Jenis, Ylse, Samantha and Sanna, a health certificate for Apelles (formally known as Joy) and draw blood for a CBC on Lily.
9:00pm: After loading the saddles for tomorrow into the big barn, I headed down to work and then home. David got a car at the auction, it is teal in color. I saw it and just started laughing. Rhoda drives up, looks at the car, and tells David "that is a high school GIRLS car!" David just cares that it will get him from here to there, we'll see what Stephanie says.
At church tonight, just as the ministers sat down my cell phone went off. I thought I had it on vibrate, it rang and vibrated in my hand. I opened and shut it quickly and thought I put it on silence, then stuck it back in my purse. It went off again! I through it over to Mark, who was sitting on the same bench, just on the men's side for him to turn it off. It is a new phone and I don't even know how to turn it off. Talk about embarrassing! On the drive home from church the phone rings again, it is mom this time telling me she just drag raced David and smoked him. She wanted me to call him and tell him that her car is supercharged. I call David and he tells me that grandma pretended she was not going to race, then as soon as the light turned green she was off. I think they both should grow up!:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment