Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday

Mom called early this morning to tell me that she would be glad to feed Raven for me so I don't have to drive out to the farm this morning. While she was walking up to feed, she sees the gate to big side of the breeding shed open. She calls to say there is a mare and foal in the paddock with the gate wide open. She shut the gate and then decided it was Lily and Ciera. They must have been out grazing, got thirsty and decided this was just as good as their own paddock. Mom turned the fan on for them to help keep the flies off. I think we will just leave them in that paddock for a while, it has plenty of hay, shade, an automatic waterer and a fan.
Izadora and Apelles were waiting anxiously for their grain this morning. Pacheron didn't know I was bringing it, so he was thrilled when he found out he was going to get some also. When I walked up with it, Apelles was in the middle of the round bale feeder. She knows how to jump into it and out of it. I MUST move in a a new bale this afternoon after church. While they were eating I emptied the water tank, scrubbed it with bleach and filled it back up. I still have an hour before we need to leave, maybe I will just sit and read the paper.
I've continued this post after church. We drove through driving rain, got to the door and a bright lightning strike hits close, the thunder was a big BOOM! Darcy slept through the whole storm. She woke up when we called and let her out to go to the bathroom. The 2 ladies that were suppose to be here to see Pacheron actually were waiting at the barn. I didn't figure it out until I saw someone walking over to the green barn. They were nice, liked Pacheron but want xrays of his front legs. I gave them Hoerr Vet clinic's phone number to arrange it. Mom and Nancy are coming over for dinner tonight, we are having Nancy's favorite, spaghetti.

I wish I would have moved a round bale this morning, now everything is flooded and as I have no square bales here I'll have to drive the tractor on my yard. bother! I'm going to wait until the Bridlewood horses are fed so Honey will be in the stall and I can lock my guys up in the back paddock. After a satisfying dinner, just ask Nancy, I turned the horses out back but first all the barn doors had to be shut. The moving of the round bale will just have to wait, I think we got two inches of rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment