Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Monday

This morning instead of running out and feeding the horses here and cleaning out their water tank, I decided to go to the farm first. I got there early, fed Raven, moved in a new round bale in the big paddock, then walked with mom, Diane, and Rachel. I stopped at the cabin field so I could check out Sophie and Jewell. Both girls need to have their manes cleaned out from cockle-burrs but both look really good other than the burrs. While I was there I checked Jenis' colt to make sure his hair was growing back where he scratched it off. It looks good but he is again rubbing, time for another bath. Ylse's filly, I think we are naming Tiara, came up for some attention. Both of those foals are going with us this coming weekend to the Northern IL Horse Fest. After the walk, I opened up the big paddock for the riding herd. Now they are all with Ribbon, Samantha, and Lily.
I drove home, jumped out of the car and went straight to the water tank to clean and fill it and it was already done. Amy Koch got to the barn this morning, saw it was empty and she hosed it out and filled it for me. I guess I owe her one. I knew I should have done it early this morning but couldn't make myself get out of bed. Why am I so tired? Hoerr vet clinic was called to set up for the sonagrams. They are coming early on Thursday. Sanna will be 18 days along, Jenis 17 days and Ylse 16 days by Thursday. Hope they are all pregnant. Jenis is still losing weight. She may need to come to my place for more intensive feedings, her colt is getting big and taking a lot of calories. Sanna and Ylse look fine.
I'm heading down to the shop to pay some bills then to a fabric store to buy material to decorate the stalls this weekend.
I bought the material at Jo-Ann Fabrics so after dinner, after letting the horses out onto the pasture covered one foal halter with pink sparkly material and hemmed up another of the same to wrap around her belly. I'm going to take it to the farm tomorrow to see where to put the velcro tabs and to see how long I should make the breast collar. I headed for bed, my back from all that hand sewing was killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment