Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Apelle's Transportation


Well now I've seen how the rich transport their horses. We had the biggest semi trailer I've ever seen, come for Apelles tonight. The drivers had dropped off their entire load of horses at Arlington Race track, then got to Baer about 8:15pm. They looked at the street and decided they were too big to drive down Baer. Steven walked Apelles up Baer to Lincoln where they used the entire road. They put down the ramp and walked her up it. We only had about 3 cars come through and they were so amazed of what they were seeing that no one complained about waiting. I thought I'd seen about every type of horse transportation out there but I've never seen anything like this trailer. I think it was even air conditioned for the horses. I wish it had been daylight to get pictures of this truck. Neighbors even came out to watch.
Steven showed up at Bridlewood around 6:15pm to give Apelle's her bath and get her ready for her trip. The drivers originally told me between 7:00pm and 8:00pm, then they called and told me 7:30pm. They called again to tell me the traffic was bad around Arlington and they would be at our place a little after 8:00pm. Apelles had a nice big box stall with straw for bedding. She is traveling in style to her new home. I only wish the drivers were picking up another horse, she is the only one in the trailer for the entire ride. She will sure be glad to get off and see other horses by the time she gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment