Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday





We wake up at 5:20am, I look at the time and jump out of bed. Literally throw my clothes on and run out into the blackness, that is just starting to lighten to call in the mares. They are already in and waiting and then I realize Honey is in the back paddock eating her hay. That means the Bridlewood stall cleaners have already been there and left. The gate was chained so I grained the girls, then worked on the down railing, I think it is secure for a while, filled their water tank and was back in the house at 5:30am. Mark met me at the door to tell me we have a bat in our room, he has shut all the doors to the room so when I'm ready to get it out, it should be easy to find.
Today Emily and I will work on getting out a load of Bibles, then get to the lake by 11:30am to help Karin with vaulting. We will plan on staying at the lake for swimming. Emily wants to ride the Friesian mares, so I will see if Rebekah or Karin want to ride with her.
Emily helped me catch the bat, we tried to let it go outside but when I threw it into the air it landed on the driveway. Bats need to take off from someplace high to get lift off. We took the posted pictures of it, then Emily let it bite the stick. Once it was hanging on she flipped it into the air and it was able to take off so all is well and ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment