Monday, August 17, 2009

Round Bales

The farmer next to the Middle Grove farm called that he got 47 round bales off his second cutting alfalfa field. He had estimated he would get around 23 - 24 so I told him we would take them all. We are still glad for the 47 but probably won't take as many of his 3rd cutting although I would much rather have all 3rd. I guess we may consider all of his 3rd cutting also depending on if they get up dry and how big the bales are.
The horses weren't called in this morning until 6:30am as it is a Monday and Amy Koch does stalls on Monday. Nice to sleep in a bit. Amy and I did the Bridlewood stalls together, then went to breakfast. Mom fed Raven for me this morning, it was raining so no walking. The rain has now cleared off so after breakfast Amy moved my horses and I moved in a round bale, then put the horses back. They act like they are starving but they had been out on the pasture all night and also grained this morning. How they can be starving from 6:30am to 10:00am I don't know but they were sure they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment