Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday Morning

I didn't turn the mares out last night, got home too late from church. Sure enjoyed not jumping out of bed at 5:00am to call them in. Before I left for the lake this morning the water tank was checked, there was still enough water to leave until later so I left for the lake around 6:55am. Steven Marchal was already at the farm when I pulled up working with Ylse's filly. He had a halter on her and was giving her a tying lesson and leading lesson. He also had Lily and Ciera out grazing. Steven got Raven ready, we pulled out Sanna and she was covered. Ylse is in big time as is Jenis. I have to attend a shower for my oldest son, David tonight so Steven will try to cover Ylse without help. Jenis we don't trust not to kick so she will be (hopefully) covered tomorrow morning.
I left for the walk with mom and Rachel. Diane is now in Alaska, Joan back to Haiti and Ruth in Missouri. Karin at Disney World in Florida, and Rachel leaves tomorrow morning for Colorado. We met Spark while walking, he was dropping off Rhonda. They stayed at the Old School Center last night. Mom quits after the first round and she went in to make breakfast and coffee while Rachel and I booked it on the second round. Rachel is 17 years younger and in WAY better shape and I have a hard time keeping up with her. She is just visiting and not even out of breath as we are practically running up the driveway hill. I'm huffing and puffing, trying to keep up. I was glad when we got back to mom's so I could go in and cool off. Mom had a wonderful breakfast prepared. Tomato juice, hot coffee, Farm fresh brown eggs, toast, and crisp, salty bacon were on the menu mmmmm. Just as we were finishing up her phone rang and it was someone wanting to rent her Gulf Shores condo for this coming weekend. Mom had to turn them down, it is already rented but she is thrilled that she is still getting calls.
I headed back to the farm to put Lily and Ciera away. Ribbon was standing all forlorn in her paddock, there is no reason she has to be alone other than the fact she is a food hog so I opened the back gate and let her out into the field with Lily and Ciera. What was funny is that Lily immediately ran into Ribbon's paddock and Ribbon ran into Lily's. The grass MUST be greener on the other side.
Once back at Bridlewood, the water tank was scrubbed and bleached and the horses fed. I decided that when I pick up Autumn from Indiana God willing on Monday, I will stop at Bridlewood, load Samantha up and take them both to Middle Grove. They both may as well be on pasture while the grass is so green and tall. Winter comes soon enough and all horses will be brought back this year as soon as the creek freezes. We are not going to be wintering horses at Middle Grove this year.
The Iodine Aloe bath did wonders for Valiant, he is no longer rubbing his hair off and his raw skin is healing. Now Apelle's is losing hair on her face. Her's must be because of the fly spray. Usually we cut the oil based Horse and Pony spray from TSC with Bronco, a water based product, but I probably didn't use enough Bronco to make it mild enough for her. The other mares are fine but the babies are usually much more sensitive. The flies have been awful this last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment