Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Zion and Eden Visit

Checking horses this morning before the walk all are good with hay but Valiant will need a bale in a few days.  Blueberry looks good and has settled down well. She is no longer weaving. Weaving is a habit stalled horses pick up when they are bored but she now always has hay in front of her and a big paddock to enjoy and other horses in sight. She is no longer bored.  We will need to bring a mare home soon to be her companion so when we take her out to Middle Grove she will have a friend to show her around the place. Can't do it yet as the horse trailer is still full of the flooring tiles. I needed to relieve Joan at noon today so she could take the kids to play practice in Washington, IL. Mackenson has 2 parts this year. We really enjoy the Co-Op plays so it is well worth all the driving to practices. When I arrived at mom's she was watching the birds at the bird feeder. Below is a red bellied Woodpecker. It would grab a sunflower seed or two then fly up on the post, used the post to crack it open then back to the feeder.

Mom told me she got too tired today walking and Joan had to have Berlica rescue her with the wheelchair. After lunch she decided to go back to the recliner and check on the eagles. Still no hatched eggs. I pulled up a chair next to her, got up to clean up the lunch dishes and when I got back there was Molly making herself at home on my chair. 
Such a funny dog. She usually jumps on mom's lap but today must have thought I'd moved the chair over for her.  Rhoda and Sarah came to help Phil at the barn today. Sarah brought Zion and Eden with her so we got to play. The lighted balloons were brought out first. Once those were played with and put down out came the crafts. 
Both girls love doing crafts. Below is a video of the afternoon and evening.
As tonight is church night and I didn't want the girls to be out in the barn with the workers Mark went to church and I watched on-line. All was going well until AC Central went down. After a few minutes I was able to get it back up with the app on my phone so only missed a bit. Tim Funk had the message.   I tried to get Washington and Morton and got the same error message. I thought it may be our internet was down but other websites were working so not sure what happened. AC Central was back up and running after about 15 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment