Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Home James

This morning it was raining so I decided to ride with Mark then take the car back to the hotel so IF I wanted to go shopping or out to lunch I could. Check out time was at 11:00 am and Mark was not going to get out of class until 4:30 pm. I told him I would probably visit the building pictured below as it was just across the street from our hotel.
It just happens to be a huge gambling facility. We toured it years ago when we were here for another class and no I wasn't really going back there. That place stunk like second hand smoke from the moment you entered the building. Plus I'm way to tight to take a chance on losing any of our hard earned cash. (we brought $60.00 with us). The rain was really coming down hard at the hotel so instead of shopping I people watched and played on the computer until 3:00 pm then drove to where the class was being held and just sat in the car for an hour and a half reading and drifting off every once in a while to the sound of rain hitting the car..  Trane provided a really nice lunch for Mark and his class mates of build your own burger. When we started home at 4:40 pm it seemed everyone else was heading home too and the roads were crowded. We stopped in Litchfield at a Wendy's 5:45 pm for supper and both ordered a taco salad. At 6:50 pm used the AC Central app on the phone to listen on line to Peoria's service. Mike Kaisner had the message. That ended as we turned onto Airport Rd.  Mark had the house thermostat set to 55 degrees. The unpacking was done quickly and as soon as this is finished I'm heading to bed. The electric blanket was turned on high before I started unpacking. It is good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment