Thursday, February 2, 2023

Clean Barn

 It wasn't as cold this morning and by afternoon we reached 38 degrees with sunshine. Today was a good day to catch up on laundry. Mark stayed home from work today. He took a look at the golf cart, found a battery for it in Washington, IL so I drove there to pick it up. While I was getting it I got a text that the apartment rented for tonight. That meant there was no more procrastinating I HAD to get home to clean the barn.  I've been using it for the weanlings but not cleaning up after them. After making lunch it was time to get to work. The apartment heat was turned on first as it had been set back to 55 degrees and was 55 degrees. That was put on 71 then out to the barn. Three stalls were cleaned, the doors shut, the feed stall straightened up and the aisle swept. The cat was watching my every move from her perch up on the rafters. 

Once everything was done, she jumped down and walked the aisle as if to inspect my job.
She must have approved as she came and asked for attention.
When I stepped outside there was the big orange cat we see every few days. He was heading toward the pond. We are not sure where this cat lives and pretty sure he or she has been eating the cat food we put out each day for our cat. The food is a small price to pay for having that cat around too. No mouse would want to live here.
The weanlings were checked over then fed. They all have a good appetite so the de-worming didn't affect them much. Their manure will be checked tomorrow to see if any dead worms are expelled. They all look in good shape so I'm not expecting to see much. Phil and Anna were working on the barn this evening. The airbnb guests arrived a couple hours ago and have settled in just fine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment