Monday, February 13, 2023

Just For A Season

 I will be taking a break from writing for a season. I'm not sure how long but know my heart is the LORD'S, HE is greatly to be praised.  King David's Psalm 23 comes to mind and how I love this Psalm. BUT what if the LORD is NOT your shepherd? I heard this on AC Central from John Baumgartner who I think may be from Bern:

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

But if he is not my shepherd it would read, The Lord is not my shepherd so I shall always be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters.

But if he is not my shepherd it would be,  “I pace back and forth in the dry and dusty lands, I find myself always beside the troubled waters.”

He restores my soul, He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake

But if he is not my shepherd it would say, “I find myself wandering aimlessly in the paths of evil for my name sake.”

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou are with me, they rod and they staff they comfort me.

But if he is not my shepherd I would say,  “and when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I am afraid and alone. There is no shepherd rod to guide me and there is no shepherd staff to comfort me.

Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies, He anoints my head with oil, my cup runs over.

But if he is not my shepherd I would say, “I am starving in the presence of my enemies, ashes are heaped upon my head, and my cup is always empty.”

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all he days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

But if he is not my shepherd I would say, “surely guilt and judgment shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will never ever set foot in the house of the LORD if the LORD is not my shepherd. “

We as Christians are to be the salt of the earth but do we get out of the salt shaker, do we tell what great things God has done for us? Every soul was born with a God hunger, Do they know the One who created us, came down to save us?  Do we know HIM or just know of Him? When His Holy Spirit lays something on my heart do I grab His Word? We bear the name Christian for HIS name's sake, we are to love as He loved, serve as HE served. We are not guaranteed a long easy life, life is as short as a vapor, a breath, eternity is forever.

Pray for me, pray for my family. We so need the prayers of those we love. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading this just breaks my heart! I am praying for you, Judy,
    and your wonderful family as well! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete