Sunday, February 26, 2023

Albino Grackle

 We had a very foggy morning. The picture below was taken about 8:00 am. 
Ruth stopped by on her way to pick up mom with a fresh home baked loaf of bread Steven baked using potatoes.
Of course it needed to be sliced, toasted and served for breakfast. 
On our way to church we saw another flock of hundreds of Grackles  On Friday I was watching the huge flock at mom's and taking video but stopped the video when they flew into the trees by the dam. They were still there when I walked out the back door and all took off again except this time I saw one pure white bird in the middle of the noisy flock. I was not able to get the phone out to video it but couldn't imagine why a white bird would be flying with the black grackles and even wondered if there even was an albino grackle so did a google search. David and Jan Lopez from Moore, Oklahoma in Cleveland county took the picture below and wrote: We photographed this white albino grackle with a large flock that were at our feeders in our backyard. We live in Moore, Oklahoma. Cleveland County.
I was glad to know I hadn't imagined it.  
At church Craig Stickling had the first service and read Zephaniah 3 verse 17. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing. The second reading was Romans 8, truly one of my favorites, especially the last verses.  If interested in watching and hearing this message click HERE. David had the afternoon message on Luke 1 and reminded us of the perseverance of prayer. If interested in watching and hearing this message click HERE.  Amy sent a text that I need to listen to Tremont's first service. Jeff Grimm was visiting and he read Psalm 137 and Romans 8.  If you would like to see and hear that click HERE. It shouldn't amaze me but does when two different church services in two different towns both have morning messages on the same chapter.
Kathy brought Nancy to church. Joan is on her way home from the cruise and Lucy told Nancy that her sister Joan was going to be home tonight. Nancy was so excited and kept telling everyone, "My sister is coming home!" It was 55 degrees and sunny on the way home. We all enjoyed the warmth and sunshine. Storms are moving in tonight.
Corey posted another picture of Quiet Dreamer at 21 months old (Hadassah x Evan). I'm always thrilled to get updates like the one below:
Corey writes: This girl is my soulmate. As she grows, she just becomes more stunning. I can’t believe we are nearing her second birthday! Today I just admired how she is growing into the most amazing beauty! Even with her winter beard she is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.





No comments:

Post a Comment