Thursday, February 9, 2023

Lots of Rain

 We had a lot of rain during the night but the rain stopped just during our walk then started right back up just as the walk ended. Ruth was glad, her well has been low and this rain will help fill it.  Anna was pulling into the barn to work as I was walking home in the rain. She offered to give me a ride but since I was already almost home it wasn't worth the time to climb into her van.  It was my turn at mom's today and after breakfast we worked on stretching out that stubborn left arm. 

Today was really Diane's turn but since I needed to trade with her as I'm going to Goodfield tomorrow it worked out perfectly so she could go with Mike to pick up something for the tractor. When Karin came I was shocked at how cold, windy and damp it was outside. The thermometer was only reading 37 degrees with a stiff wind and cold rain. Anna was still working so I stopped in to see her progress and was impressed with how much she accomplished, almost finishing the wall.  She was working on the last row at the very bottom and had to cut each piece to fit. 

That wall is 72 feet wide and close to 18 feet tall.
That's a lot of carpet! Mark didn't feel well again today so this afternoon took a Covid test. That came back negative and he doesn't have a fever so probably just picked up a cold. 
Steph posted the picture below. I can remember when we took that picture and think I have the kids labeled correctly.  
Left to right back row is Chad, David and Kari
Second row left to right is Philip, Molly, Jenny and Jackie,
I think that is JR in the front row all by himself. These were Mom's first 8 grandchildren. 




No comments:

Post a Comment