Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prissy

My golf cart had to borrow Diane's golf cart's charger. Thank goodness her's doesn't mind sharing. That cart is used to haul hay, kids, dogs, foals and just about anything else that fits. After the walk I took off for a small town near the Iowa border to pick up Prissy, registered name: Show Me A Legend. She is a 16 hand tri color paint foaled May 8th, 2006 with wonderful ground manners. She hasn't been started under saddle as she was injured as a 2 year old but is sound and ready for work. Diane met us at the farm and helped hold horses while mares were teased and moved. Prissy was introduced to Raven first.
He thinks she's gorgeous, she wasn't as impressed, hope that changes soon. Prissy is Lola's half sister and knew each other years ago. Here they are meeting again.
They were put in adjoining paddocks so they could get to know each other without a problem. After a while they were both put in the same paddock while both Diane and I were watching just in case we needed to get between them. We don't know if they remember each other but both were so glad to find a friend. It wasn't long before we felt they could be left together. We put hay down in different corners of the paddock but they settled down to eat off the same flake of hay.
As I was getting ready to shut the trailer door, Ebby jumped in for a ride. This is what is called overkill!
The trailer was unhooked and lunch was made before heading in to Peoria to get the oil changed in the truck. Once the truck was pulled into the bay at SpeedLube, the mechanic Eddie, comes out to say, "we are not doing fleet trucks today." I believed him and started climbing back into the truck when he let me know he was joking. All joking aside Eddie and Curtis took good care of the truck, checking all the fluids, tire pressure on each tire, cleaned off the windshield and vacuumed out the front.
The only thing left to do was fill the gas tank. I pulled in to the very busy station on airport road finding the last place open. Jumped out to start filling the tank, went to open the door to put the credit card back in the wallet only to find myself locked out. Somehow the electric lock button was hit as I was climbing out of the truck. We don't have an extra key for this truck so my options were limited to one very embarrassing solution. Climb into the back of the truck, fit my body through this small middle window
which is the only window not locked, hurl myself over the front seat and reach the lock button. As I'm wiggling through the window I happen to look over at the guy filling his big black truck next to me, he is staring with his mouth hanging open. That's something one doesn't see often, a heavy-set old lady squirming through a small back window of a big truck then jumping over the seat. He kind of chuckled when I started laughing!

1 comment:

  1. Awe what a beautiful horse! They look like they all got along very well. I thought the bit about the fleet trucks was funny. I wouldn't actually think that your truck with trailer would really be called a fleet truck. May I suggest getting another key made for the truck haha!

    ReplyDelete