Friday, January 6, 2023

Truly Blessed

 As I have guests coming in today for the barn apartment I drove up there first to turn on the heat and lights. I needed to be at mom's so drove the car over before the walk. The Eastern sky was all kinds of pink and purple. We can't see the sunrise from our houses in the winter but with the leaves off the trees we can see color in the clouds. 

Just Diane and I walked this morning. Ruth and Fedi are now on the big boat and heading to the Bahamas.  Joan had co-op this morning. Diane was telling me about the cruise she and Mike will be going on. They are trying Norwegian cruise lines for the first time.  Almost makes me want to go too. Maybe next year, this year I'm trying to get the barn finished. When we reached the retention pond dam I stopped to take another picture of the sunrise. 
Mom and I had a quiet day. The sun came out but it was just too cold to go outside. The bird feeder was filled so we could watch the birds from the table. When Karin came home I left for Sam's club. Mom's house needed coffee and milk but I also picked up some blueberries and a loaf of bread. The blueberries were on sale. Mark likes them so I split the box and brought some home for him. After supper I posted about hoping to find a Friesian stud not related to our stallions so we can breed Dancer. 
Dancer is an Evan daughter and a Raven grand daughter so is related to both of our stallions.  The man that bought Irish's 2022 colt has a Friesian stallion within 10 miles from us and responded to my search. I need to see the stallion and his registration paper if we are to breed Dancer to him.
I was pleasantly surprised with how many Friesian stallions are available and not too far away.  Back when we bought Raven there were very few available.
That was 21 years ago. Hard to believe Horsemeister has been in this horseinaround business that long. We hare truly been blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment