Thursday, January 5, 2023

Missed Out

 There was a light snow on the ground when we awoke this morning.  I had plans to drive to Galesburg, IL to look at a truck leaving at 7:30 this morning. This is a 2010 but only had 113000 miles on it and was in pretty decent shape.

The car was out of gas so had to stop at Casey's first but was soon on my way. 116 had some snow on it but nothing terrible and the Prius has snow tires so I wasn't worried. Eden Rd was a little more snow covered but I could still drive about 50 mph without sliding. At Brimfield I was ready to get on 74 West but had to wait for a pickup truck hauling a loaded gooseneck trailer and followed the drive on the ramp to 74. We had only gone about a minute when the truck started sliding sideways then went right off the road violently down into the highway divider where a white car was already stuck there. It was shocking how fast the accident happened. Even before I got to the next exit a semi started sliding and hit another truck pulling a trailer leaving lots of debris in my lane. I slowed way down but could not miss some of the debris. I was able to get off at the next exit to turn around and head for home. I had only gone a total of 15 miles but it was just too dangerous to continue. I pulled off at the exit to let the owner of the truck know I wasn't coming then got back on I 74. An ambulance came up behind me slowed way down at the second accident where the semi and truck had collided but they waved him on and that ambulance drove to where the first accident happened and stopped. There was already other emergency vehicles with flashing lights there so I'm assuming the person in the small white car had been hurt since the truck, even though it had swung around facing the gooseneck had not collided with anything.  By the time I got home it was 8:30 am, an hour of driving and a total of 30 minutes. Guess we weren't supposed to get that truck as it sold this afternoon. Mike took Blueberry over to the cabin after work. Valiant let me know she was gone. He was neighing and throwing a fit that she left him. I took the picture below as Mike was taking her back. 
Mark isn't feeling well today. He came home from work and went right to bed. He just said he feels tired and achy. Hope he isn't getting Covid again. See Mark has been vaccinated, got the second shot then was boosted and then got Covid.  A new Cleveland Clinic study of vaccinations of thousands of its employees (over 51,000) had a surprising finding: Employees with a high number of vaccine doses, including boosters, were more likely to contract COVID-19.“It also found that the higher the number of vaccine doses an individual previously received, the higher the risk of contracting COVID-19,” according to a statement from the Cleveland Clinic summarizing the study.


No comments:

Post a Comment