Monday, January 23, 2023

Deceived

 As Mike and Diane are now on their cruise I was a little later heading over to the meeting place for our walk. Ruth had already arrived. I knew that as I saw two German shepherds running through the field. Her dogs love to come and run. We walked to Joan's then to the barn and around the cabin circle drive before Ruth needed to leave for work. Right after the walk I left for Kroger to pick up something for the Berean volunteers and also something for Joan to serve today at mom's. From there I headed to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail.  That took quite long. A train was stopping traffic right at the post office. 

When I finally got into the post office so did everyone else in the line in front so the wait was long. It was kind of disappointing to find out we had 4 Bibles returned and postage went up 3 cents yesterday and wouldn't you know we are all out of stamps at Berean. I only bought 1 roll of a hundred.  It is cheaper when we can use the postage machine for metered mail but sometimes we can't get that to machine to work so always want to keep some stamps on hand.  The stamps, mail and returned Bibles were taken to the Berean office before heading home.
Today Marshal and Jan Heinold, Janet Dreste and her brother Mike Dreste came to visit with mom.  Mom loves visitors but for sure wants something to serve them when they come. Joan had some home baked cookies to bring over to go with the coffee cake. Mark stayed home from work today to meet with the people coming to give an estimate for drywall.  By the time I got home they had been here and left. Phil and Anna dropped off another load of 2 x 4s.  The weanling shelter hay bale needed to be checked. That meant walking around the paddock to the opening of that shelter to check it. There is still enough hay for a few more days but just in case I will need to check it each day.  The weanlings were grained first.
I was pleased to see Indy's colt eating out of Tessa's bucket. There are 3 buckets in that paddock and each bucket was given a scoop but it is normal for them to eat out of one then move to the other. The cat was wanting attention. She must be lonely on these gray days.
The hay looked fine. Valerie saw me checking it out and came right up for attention. That is her big nose. Indy's colt is still wearing the halter but I'll need to switch that out soon. 
Both Valerie and Tessa got lots of petting, Indy's colt is still hanging back not quite sure he wants to be handled.

Mark had the fire going in the wood burner all day as today is cold but thankfully not much wind. On Saturday two ladies probably in their 50s came knocking on the door. One lady greeted me with, "do you want peace in this world?"  First thinking they must be political people I responded with, "I would love peace but that won't happen until Jesus comes back to reign."  She looked a little surprised then said something about the Bible. It was then I thought, "oh they probably want to invite me to church."  I then took the opportunity to tell them about Jesus the LORD and went on for maybe 3 or 4 minutes why I'm so grateful for Him.  It was after that they told me they were Jehovah's Witness and would like to come in and explain a few things.  Well I didn't really know what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and was shocked when they claimed Jesus is God's son but not equal to God. My response to that was oh my, you need to pray, Please don't miss the boat, hell is a terrible place! I was explaining that I will pray for them when they left pretty quickly.  This afternoon I had some time so did a little research on this strange religion.  The most disturbing find was their belief that Jesus is a created being and is the brother of Lucifer.  They believe that death is not just the death of the physical body but also the death of the soul, They do not believe in hell and believe if they are not resurrected they will NOT suffer in a fiery hell of torment. However they do believe that resurrection is possible but only spiritual, not physical. They believe Jesus died on the cross but was not resurrected. 
I have been praying for these two ladies off and on all day. Not only do THEY believe this they are trying to get others to believe this terrible LIE.  I've asked them to pray that Jesus would reveal Himself to them and I am praying that they will listen to the truth. These poor deceived ladies. 











No comments:

Post a Comment