Friday, January 13, 2023

Nice Easy

A cold morning, only 28 degrees when I went up to feed and water Indy's colt.  Anna needed the truck to haul 16 foot lumber for the barn and that meant the trailer had to be disconnected so I asked Ruth and Diane if they would help with that while we were walking. I passed Spark and Rhonda as they were leaving for Gulf Shores on my way to mom's today. I knew they were heading South as they had their bikes on the back of the car. It was my turn to be with mom today. We had a good day together. Aunt Jinnie called, she is looking for a dress for 4 weddings and wanted some ideas. Four of her grandchildren are now engaged. I told her to ask Diane as Diane knows how to shop. From mom's I went straight up to the barn to give Indy's colt attention. Today we worked on picking up hooves, putting a lead rope around his belly and asking him to move forward with pressure on the lead rope. We ended on a very good note of cheek scratching  which he loves. He even reached over to groom me a bit when I was scratching his withers. Mark was home by the time I got back to the house. He had a gift card to One World Cafe the kids gave him last year and today we decided to use it. We stopped first at the bank to pick up some cash then to the restaurant which is near Bradley. I ordered the reuben sandwich which came with 1 side (around $15.00) and Mark ordered a gyro (around $14.00) and spent an extra 99 cents by asking for the soup of the day as a side. Both of these dishes were delicious!

After sampling both we decided the reuben was the best. That was loaded with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and dressing all piled on rye. Mark had a quarter of that sandwich while I tried some of his lamb. The soup was spicy but very good. We don't know what it was called as the waiter didn't know what the soup of the day was and forgot to tell us when it came. We would for sure go back. Well that may have something to do with the fact we still have money left on the card. From there we drove to Sam's club to pick up lettuce, cuties, avocados ice cream and 3 rotisserie chickens. Diane had asked me to pick one up for her and the other two will be used for the Saturday lunch for the workers that come to help at the barn. The colt was taken care of for the night while Mark got the fire going again. What a nice easy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment