Saturday, June 12, 2021

Jace is 8

 Another early morning start but with this heat it was necessary. As soon as it was light enough to see AND 2 strong cups of coffee Lola was covered by Valiant, then the golf cart taken over to the playground for the campers. I walked back to start breakfast. The campers all piled on the golf cart and drove over here for that. Rebekah helped with the cooking while Sarah took care of baby River. After breakfast Rebekah and her 3 left for home. Nolan gave me a ride over to mom's house on the golf cart so I could brush her hair but when I walked in her hair was already brushed. She did it HERSELF and it looked good. Her shoulder is finally healing up. When I got back Jewel was up flirting with Valiant. She was taken out and covered by Evan. Sure hope she settles on her foal heat, I really want to get these mares back out to the grass at Middle Grove. That is so much better for them. Our airbnb guests have a 9 year old son who is horse crazy. He helped grain the stallions last night and again today. Below he is picking grass for the mares and foals. Lola's colt and Soul's filly came right up for attention. 



Love these friendly foals!
Mark cleaned up the area then went to work on the Summerland camper but soon came to pick me up as he needed an extra set of hands. I worked with him until 1:00 pm but then had to leave for Jace's 8th birthday party. Ben and Taunya rented a huge blow up slide. This thing weighed 500 pounds and is as tall as a house. 


The cotton candy was a big hit. Below are the happy birthday guests.
Jace was pretty pleased.
Just as I was cleaning up the table Mark sent a text "It's Happening!" with the picture below.
I was not sure if we would get the hay up dry for the last couple days rain fell around us but not here and today there was a good chance of rain this afternoon BUT by the time I got home the weather was clearing up, the farmer had finished our field and was over working on Joan's field. I got home around 4:00 pm but the skid steer key was missing so I had to hike back down to the house to get the spare set then take the bucket off and put on the bale spear so didn't actually get started moving bales until around 4:20 pm. Mark came out at 6:00 pm and started helping to move the bales and by 8:00 pm we had all 51 bales safe in the barn. I needed to move a bale in for Galena and Rosaleigh so before putting the skid steer away moved that in and finally went in to take a shower. I was so filthy that it took 3 washings to get the hay debris out of my hair. I am SO thankful to have hay in the barn and the job done. I'm sure going to sleep good tonight.







No comments:

Post a Comment