Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Tatiana and Hadassah

 I went out early to put Jewel and her less than 12 hour colt in the indoor arena but that meant first kicking Madiera and her colt out of the arena. Those two were put in the field behind Hadassah and Tatiana's paddock. Below is Madiera's colt by Evan.

Tatiana was over flirting with Evan. She is finally in her foal heat.
She was pulled out and covered by Valiant. I ran in to make Mark breakfast then left for the walk. All 3 of the geese pairs with their 15 goslings were in the retention pond over by Joan's house on the walk but when I got back and went to work they were back in my pond.

Today I had to move 2 bales in for the far paddock, a bale in Ribbon's old paddock and a bale in the middle paddock. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Montauk State park for a canoe trip and need to make sure there is plenty of hay in while we are gone. Isaiah is going to stay at the apartment taking care of Emma and the horses. I left for Sam's club to purchase the food for the trip and when I got back the trail riders were tacking up the horses. Anna was here dropping off laundry for the apartment so her girls stayed. Braelyn rode Cookie on the trails with the other riders while Kensley and Taegan came with me in the truck to pick up the trailer we are taking. They helped direct me and as soon as we had that trailer here we unhooked it from the truck, changed the hitch to a 2 inch ball, hooked up the Wolf Pup and drove that over to Phil and Anna's house for packing. The next job was to fill the truck with gas. I also stopped at Dollar General to pick up some bowls and pans to take on the trip. The 3 girls helped me pack the trailer. Anna took the girls home so I started moving horses. I needed to have the 4 youngest foals and their dams in the far paddock so they could have the pond pasture for shade while we are gone. When I got them moved I noticed Hadassah went right over to Valiant's paddock and started flirting. I didn't have time to cover her right then but after church got her covered by Evan. This afternoon I took pictures of the 4 mares and foals in the pond pasture mostly for the website.   Below  are a few. 
Above is Madiera and her colt by Evan born May 30th, 2021 and below is Tatiana and her filly by Valiant born May 25th, 2021.
Below is Jewel's colt by Evan born June 1st. He is about 15 hours old in this picture.
Below is Hadassah's filly by Evan born May 24th, 2021
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures, the first few taken early morning and the rest taken later in the afternoon click HERE
Tomorrow morning I'll need to get up early to get pictures posted on the website, the laundry done, the clothes for the weekend packed and hook up the truck all before 9:00 am.






No comments:

Post a Comment