Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Lost Horses

I went out around 6:00 am to move Rosaleigh out of the stall and when I checked her udder decided to take a picture to show the walkers this morning.
             Now that is waxing! Rosaleigh was put in the field with Galena who was busy grazing.

One our walk the Soul's filly and Jury's colt were standing together next to Soul. They looked like twins.
The walk is fun until we reach the barn appartment and then comes the problem EVERY time. I bought a flower box at an auction and never ever think of putting flowers in it. Each time mom asks, "when are you going to get that done?" and each morning I groan, out of sight is out of mind and it doesn't bother me at all that it is empty. Ruth took pity on me this morning and brought some plants from her place so we quickly planted and watered them, then she went out and bought flowers. Check out that flower box now! 
Tomorrow morning I wont have to hear about the flower box.
 Mom had her virtual doctor appointment at 8:00 am with the cardiologist. She now has an appointment in 3 weeks to have her heart shocked again and a very strong medicine was prescribed to keep it beating. After the walk it was still cool enough that Lily and her filly were taken out for some updated pictures for the website. Below is my favorite of the morning. This filly really IS something special.
She has that typical BIG gate Lily and Valiant throw in all of their foals.
After the pictures I left them grazing and watched as the filly played in the tall weeds.
My next job was to finish cleaning the middle paddock with the skid steer and remove all the net wrap from the manure spreader before filling it with manure from that paddock. As soon as I finished 
 I heard some mares calling and they sounded very worried. Soul's filly, Jury's colt and Lola's colt decided to climb through the wire fence and get in with Rosaleigh and Galena. The 3 mares were so upset they tried to get in with them and took the fence right down. I had a big mess and had to lock all the horses off of both fields. The horses were checked over and all was well. Lola and her colt were taken over to the round pen to get a few pictures of the colt for the website.

The riders arrived and took 5 of the 6 riding horses out.



A bit later I realized I had lost my phone in the field and was walking over to borrow mom's when Tom Haefli came to tell me a white horse just ran by loose. The riders left Cookie and she decided she wanted to go too but couldn't find them so ran over to my place. She was put in the breeding shed shelter until after the ride.
After the ride Karin sprayed the round pen down with weed killer so that won't be used for a few days. I needed to move Lily and her filly into the pond pasture with the 4 mares and foals in there but when I put them in I couldn't find the other mares and foals.  I took the golf cart across the pond and that pasture was empty then I started on the trails around the pond and those also were empty. Finally I found a very discreet path heading down the hill toward the road. 
Sure enough they had found a cool shady place to relax on these hot days deep into the woods.

Tatiana's filly found a vine to use as a scratching board.
Lily and Jewel really like each other so Jewel came up to be with Lily on the dam.

When Mark got home after work I took him right down to the broken wire fence. We got the tools and started working on that and I'm very pleased to announce it is fixed. Sometimes we work well together and tonight was one of those times. Since we were too late to clean up for church we just kept working and started cleaning out the short shelter paddock almost finishing it before needing to come inside to watch church on Facebook live. I still need to move Rosaleigh into the foaling stall and am heading out now to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment