Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Emma Update

 Well Emma made it through the night but didn't want to move this morning. She was given water, offered food and I tried to get her up to go to the bathroom but she just was too tired. She may have actually gone on her own though as she was laying in the family room by the dog door. I went out at 6:45 am to meet the airbnb guests who were in the stall barn admiring Rosaleigh's 5 day old colt. I introduced them to the horses, took them over to the cabin to meet the riding horses then gave them the golf cart and left for the walk.  Joan made it to the dumpster before the rest of us could get there. Mom did one round then once she was back in the house Ruth, Diane and I walked Joan home. I picked up mom a little early as we wanted to stop at Casey's for donuts again for Berean. We didn't end up buying any in Hanna City but if you would like to find out where we bought them you will have to read the Berean blog by clicking HERE. After dropping the Bibles off at the Bartonville post office we headed home making it home before noon. I was hoping Emma was still alive and she was but in the very same position and place when I left her this morning. She was given water, drank and then I called Hoerr Vet clinic to find out if there was something I could give her and was told I could give her 1.8 cc's of Banimine IM so that was given at 12:30 pm. Taunya and Abe were here. Taunya was working so once Emma was resting comfortably Abe and I took a golf cart ride. We saw an Eagle first then a big deer jumped out of the woods very close to the golf cart and took off across the field in front of us. No picture but Abe was very impressed. We got back in time before Taunya needed to leave to pick up the other kids.  Emma was given another shot at 2:30 pm then I headed over to mom's and spent some time with Karin, Jackie, Ruth and mom. Karin had a big group here trail riding earlier and sent this picture of Jared with Ripper. 

Amy arrived and arranged with Karin a trail ride for Jamie's 2 daughters. She came home with me and helped lift Emma up. Once up Emma was able to walk outside and relieve herself. After Amy left I got a bucket of warm soapy water and washed her down as good as possible. Rhoda arrived to work on Mark's shop so instead of cleaning stalls I went out to help her. Rhoda organized the shelving area and helped with the debate on what needed to be thrown out and what should be kept. When Mark got home Rhoda took us both to dinner at Gil's for dad's father's day gift. She couldn't be here Sunday and wanted to spend time with him. When we got home Emma was in the family room. We got her up and outside but she didn't have to go which made me believe she had already gone on her own. Rhoda gave her 1.8 cc's of Banimine IM and about 5 minutes later she got up on her own and went back outside and had a bowel movement. Maybe just maybe she is going to make it through this. 
It was kind of funny when I went to take the picture above Emma looked back as if to say, "a little privacy please."  She was hungry and given a few bites of chicken and more water.  At 9:00 pm the rain started up. I wasn't aware it was supposed to rain and Rosaleigh and her colt were still outside. The golf cart was taken to her paddock where they were waiting at the gate and put in the indoor arena for the night. The colt is still a little young to be out in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment