Monday, June 14, 2021

Madiera's Colt Sold

 I went out at 5:30 am to tease and cover Bella, the outside mare with Valiant. It is cool that time of the morning. Rosaleigh was brought out of the stall, still no waxing. She seemed content to stay in the stall during the night, no calling or pacing, just standing quietly or grazing on the hay. After making Mark breakfast I left for mom's and then for the walk. Joan met us half way at the bottom of the hill. Mom was able to climb back up the hill do my lanes, Diane's lanes and then back to her house. We stood outside discussing Father's day plans. We have a 1st cousin once removed coming with his wife and 4 children for that weekend and we want to have a picnic together BUT we also need to be at a wedding and the reception starts at 3:00 pm.  It will be very good to see Daniel and his family. After the walk Joan helped hook up the trailers to the skid steer then helped me back them out of the trees. Once I had them both back at our place I worked on the tanks of both of them until both the black tanks and the gray tanks were running clear. I left some water in the fresh water tanks for the next renters. That was really hot work as they weren't plugged in. Karin arrived and took Galena out to the round pen and did some liberty work with her. I didn't get to watch as was busy teasing Jewel and then covering her with Evan but Karin reported Galena did well. Berlica came to ride with the group today and again I didn't get to take pictures as I was on the way to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. By the time I got back the riders were done and gone. Diane called to report the deposit arrived for Madiera's colt. He is now marked sold.


She will be very happy with him, he is a fine looking Warlander colt. 
When Mark got home we ordered on line a couple items needed for the trailers then I went out to finish the final cleaning. The 2011 trailer was plugged in so the battery could be charged.  Mark drove to Casey's to get diesel fuel for the skid steer but the station was closed down. He drove in to Peoria and was able to get diesel at that Casey's but NOT gas, that station was out of gas. He drove to another station and it was cash only. He was kind of spooked by the time he got home. This is really really weird. We haven't watched the news for a while so wondered if something bad happened. He walked in just as VBS was starting in Peoria, we watched it on Facebook live. Mike called to report the horses at Middle Grove are all doing well. He was most impressed with Jewel's 2020 filly. She is so friendly and comes right to him for attention. That reminded me I needed to get a new webpage up just for her.  That meant also getting pictures of her registration papers copied and posted on line too.
The owner of Skye and her colt by Evan posted the picture below with this: He has absolutely stolen my heart. I’m so happy 🥰
She also posted a couple videos I can't figure out how to share but he LOVES scratches and loves running. 
It is almost 9:30 pm and I am tired tonight. That bed is looking better and better.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment