Monday, June 28, 2021

ER Visit

 Right after cooking breakfast for Mark I went out to tease mares before the heat. Rosaleigh is still in and covered by Evan and Madiera was also still in and covered by Valiant. It started raining as I was driving the golf cart over to mom's for the walk but had stopped by walking time. After the walk I left to drive in to Peoria for the Berean mail. Anna was here cleaning the apartment while the girls were over swimming until low booms of thunder started up. Anna took the girls home and we had more rain. At 12:30 pm I went over to mom's. Karin and Jackie were there so we enjoyed visiting and playing together for an hour. The sun came out so I left to get pictures of foals for their owners. Rosaleigh and her colt were taken in the indoor arena first to get a hosing off. Her colt was so funny with the hose but even more funny when I took them outside. He was using his mom as a scratching post. 

 I took a few pictures for his owner.
He is such a personable colt. If you would like to see the rest of his pictures click HERE.
They were put away and I debated if I should do Soul's filly next or Madiera's colt. Soul and her filly were up at the gate so they were chosen to go next.  They were taken out to the round pen and the tarp was put up on the rail. Soul's filly came right up to check it out.
I put it on the ground and she checked it out then picked part of it up.
She ended up walking all over it.

I finally asked Soul to move so could get a few action shots.
She is a beautiful filly.
I was going to put them back and bring Madiera out but when I opened the gate to the round pen Soul was coming out first, the filly didn't want to be left and quickly forced herself between her mom and the gate and unfortunately my arm was holding the gate and got smashed. It swelled up so quickly I thought it may be broken so put those 2 away and went to the house. Mark was home so I took a few pictures of the arm then asked him to take me to the ER for an x-ray. 
We were at the emergency room for about 4 and a half hours. The good news is the x-ray showed no break, just a bad hematoma. While there our next guests coming in tonight called to report they had a tire blow and would be coming in around midnight. Since the apartment wasn't booked for tomorrow night I told them feel free to sleep in and even stay an extra night if needed. 
A very nice update came in from the owner of Madiera's 2020 colt named Kyro. She writes: Kyro is becoming such a strong, healthy, beautiful, and wonderfully big yearling. He is focusing on making new friends in his new home. Here he is with a 17-hand Thoroughbred x Arabian  cross.















No comments:

Post a Comment