Thursday, December 3, 2020

Trip To Middle Grove

 I got an email from the lady that bought Tatiana's filly last night that they will be picking her up December 10th. This filly has not yet been weaned and doesn't have her Coggins test yet. As soon as we finished the walk I left for Middle Grove to pick her up. The herd was all spread out grazing when I arrived.



The loading didn't go well. Tatiana loaded right up but the filly decided it was much more fun to run back to the herd.  She is a pretty filly and had fun galloping around showing off. 





I decided to take Tatiana home, work for a few hours then head back. Tatiana was unloaded and put in the stall, given grain, hay and water then I headed into the house to make some phone calls to insurance companies. I have not been happy with our carrier for the two trucks and motor home. I called our farm insurance carrier and they are going to give us a quote tomorrow. What is funny about this is that Mark also called the same company asking for a quote. We shall see what happens. At 1:30 pm Tatiana was loaded back up and out I went to Middle Grove again. This time the filly saw us coming and came galloping up to the trailer. 
She was more than happy to jump in the trailer. The horse below is Rosalie but when I saw her I thought she was her mama Lily. They really look alike. Rosalie was bred to Evan and is very heavy in foal and due April 15th, 2021.
All of the mares are starting to show their pregnancies. Irish is pictured below. We will be bringing Irish in for training and I'll probably do that tomorrow when I take Tatiana back out to Middle Grove.
I will bring Ripper in with her. Tatiana and her filly were taken home, put in a stall and a halter put on the filly. She was tied up and handled all over and got a small leading lesson. I only have 7 days to teach her to lead and load without a fuss and can't work her the next 2 days as she will be weaned. Hoerr Vet clinic was called and I have a 9:00 am appointment tomorrow at the clinic to get her blood drawn. I was hoping to get Dr. Hoerr out here but he is just too busy. They have been swamped at the clinic.  Tonight for dinner I cooked the cow tongue Rhonda gave us when they ordered a half of beef. Mark really liked the meal. It was cooked medium rare and once the thick outer layer was removed the part we ate was tender and delicious. Emma got the gristly outer layer and she thought that was fine dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment