Thursday, December 17, 2020

Closet CleanOut

 This morning after feeding I took pictures of Tori and Rosaleigh's colts for their owner.  They are going to be picked up around Jan 11th. To identify them the one without the halter on is Tori's colt and the one with the green halter on is Rosaleigh's colt.


Both have thick long tails, the colt in the picture below is Tori's colt.
Rosaleigh's colt is pictured below.


They are both doing well. Both were handled today, led around and touched all over. Jewel's filly was also handled today. She is still suspicious of me but will stand after a bit. I haven't heard from her owner and have sent a text, email and called but couldn't leave a message as their inbox was full. The last I heard from them they were going to pick her up around Thanksgiving. I ran her to Dr. Hoerr's to get her coggins done when I brought her in from Middle Grove and sent them the message she was weaned but now couldn't leave until we get home from vacation in January. 
Overhearing my daughters on Sunday I realized IF I wanted to keep anything I have stored in the upstairs closets I'd better go through them today as we leave tomorrow. That closet had tons of fair stuff as in lots of sets of leg wraps both store bought white ones and sparkly blue and some silver home made ones we used for the Horsemeister performances. There are also sparkly capes in silver and in blue.



I posted them on the Facebook Horsemeister page. I posted them this evening and within a half and hour everything was spoken for.

I also gave a box of pirate swords away to David Jacob. He and Leah came over this afternoon to play the piano.
Mark got home from work about 15 minutes before the man coming for the stump grapple arrived. He checked it over, bought it and loaded it up on his truck. That has now been marked sold.
We were pretty thrilled today when owner of Skye sent us an update:
Just wanted to share that Skye (we nicknamed her Reign, because we already had a Sky at our barn) is doing wonderful! Couldn’t be happier with her. We got the confirmed heartbeat ultrasound in October but the gender of the foal will be a surprise. Cannot wait for June!! (Her tail is wrapped for winter in this photo)
She’s a very quick learner. I haven’t worked too much lately but she has had two farrier visits already and stands very good. I think I had her picking up all four feet for picking within a week (never screamed out) so first farrier visit went as smooth as possible. I can only hope the foal has her amazing independent/brave/loving personality! 🥰
On our walk this morning Diane had just asked if we had heard from Skye's owner and this evening we DID! 




No comments:

Post a Comment