Monday, December 14, 2020

Equipment Storage

 IF someone told me last year we would store 3 campers, 2 tractors, a skid steer, all of the skid steer attachments, Mark's golf cart, the motor home, a pallet load of bedding, 75 square bales, 65 round bales all in the indoor arena and STILL have room for Karin to train horses I would have said, "NO WAY!" and yet after today that is exactly what we have. I spent most of day moving bales stacking them to make room for the motor home and got the job accomplished by 2:00 pm. I made a quick trip to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail.  Shirley Leuthold sent a text that she would be glad to bring the treat for the Berean workers tomorrow. I was really happy about that as I spent so long moving bales I didn't really want to shop or bake.  Anna came to decorate the apartment for Christmas. Kensley helped her while Braelyn and Taegan helped me put up lights here in the house. 

Pictured above is standing in the upstairs hallway looking down the stairs.
Pictured below is how beautifully we decorated the chandelier at the top of the stairs.
Pictured below is looking up the stairs. 
Taegan worked on the fort in the closet and made two levels. One of the kids could sleep on the top while someone else could sleep underneath. She is peeking out of the hidden bed so we could see.
Braelyn cleaned out the other bedroom closet and hung the princess tent for the toddlers. She found the spider while working.
Kyro made it to his new home and his owner sent these pictures: 



Michaela writes: Kyro arrived around midnight last night. He was ready to get off of that noisy semi. He practically leaped into the barn. Haha. I made sure he was settled in before leaving him early this morning. As soon as I woke up today I headed to the barn expecting him to be stressed and a bit panicky. Boy was I wrong! He was fast asleep. 😆I sat with him for awhile until he was ready to get up. He actually laid his head on my lap and slept for awhile.
A tractor eventually woke him up. He got up, whinnied and looked at me like he was saying “well, are you coming?” I walked him around our arena. He was so curious about everything that I just had to laugh at all of his reactions. He looked to me for leadership and guidance whenever something startled him. Judy, I am amazed with his temperament. You did an excellent job handling him too! I touched him everywhere today to make sure he was okay and to calm him down a bit. He didn’t lean into me or kick. He just stood there and listened to me as I talked to him. He responded to such a small amount of pressure when I was playing a porcupine game with him. I just had to touch him lightly and he would move whatever I was touching! I am just in awe with him. I adore him! I’ll share more stories soon as well as more pictures! Thank you so much for taking care of him.
Note: he got a little dusty overnight and I couldn’t resist petting his bunny-like fur. That’s why he has a striped butt. 😂
We had left overs for dinner and will have an early night tonight. I was really pleased with what got done today.




No comments:

Post a Comment