Friday, September 18, 2020

Moving Manure

 Mark spread a couple loads of manure before getting a big cement block stuck in the spreader. I started right after the walk first removing the block then spreading manure and quit at 1:00 pm. It wasn't finished but I needed a break. I started the laundry, turned on AC Central, clicked on the 7th page of Fred Witzig and listed to his talk on Ezekiel. Well worth listening to. When Mark got home we went together to work on moving manure. He drove the tractor and as soon as he backed the empty spreader in place I would remove any net wrap caught while he loaded the next load. We finished the entire pile by supper time.  The stalls were prepared for Zalena, Brynya (Lola's filly) and Magdalena (Soul's filly) then I wanted to back the trailer into the indoor arena for easy loading at 4:00 am except the truck was dead. I took my car over to mom's borrowed her battery charger and put it on the charger while we worked on the manure pile. When the truck started it was backed into the arena and the trickle charge left on. The horse trailer had been left plugged into the truck and the light inside the trailer had been left on which drained the battery. Tomorrow morning I'll have to remember to plug the trailer back in.  The tool thingy found at Middle Grove was dropped off at Mike and Diane's as I'm sure it is Mikes.

I think it is a jack. This evening the horses were put in the stalls and we will have an early night as I need to be up and out into the barn by 3:30 am to get the horses loaded before Nolan arrives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment