Tuesday, September 22, 2020

3:00 AM Pickup

 My day started really early. Otto, Indy's colt by Evan, was supposed to be picked up at 1:00 am. His owner is going to love him. This colt has huge movement and the mega hair and will be tall. 

I went to bed early with the phone right by the bed and fell sound asleep but the shipper called just before 9:00 pm waking me up out of a deep sleep to explain he was running late and wouldn't be here until around 2:00 am. Of course then I couldn't go back to sleep but did doze off. 2:00 am came and went and no shipper. At 2:53 am he called to say he was 8 minutes away. That meant jumping out of bed, pulling on my clothes, jumping on the golf cart, driving up to the barn and turning on all the lights. Otto was sound asleep in the hay with hay stuck to his tail and mane. He was getting brushed off when I heard the shipper coming down Hanna City Glasford road so took the golf cart there with my flashlight to help guide him back to the barn. Otto loaded up quietly and I was back in the house and back in bed by 3:25 am. This time I fell into such a deep sleep that Mark woke me up at 7:00 am saying, "if you stay in bed much longer you are going to miss the walk" I was so confused and thought it was Saturday. The first words out of my mouth was, "there IS no walk on Saturday."  When Mark explained it wasn't Saturday I jumped out of bed quickly and grabbed a cup of coffee before leaving for the walk. We only did one round today as today is Berean day.  Aunt Jinnie and mom went with me to Berean. To read about our morning there click HERE. Joan picked up mom from Berean to take her to her new cardiologist before we were able to finish there.
I took Aunt Jinnie home then went to work with Valiant. His tail was a tangled mess so it was combed out, braided and a tail bag put on. Now that it is officially fall the flies should be much less and the tail bag keeps the mud and tangles from happening on these horses with such thick long tails. No pictures because I forgot my phone in the house and didn't bring the camera with me.  Mark came home early and went to work cleaning the last two paddocks. When he finished I used the tractor to move a new bale in for Valiant then put him back in his paddock. The manure spreader was cleaned up, all the old net wrap thrown in the dumpster and then it was past time for supper. After super Mark went up to the apartment to do a quick job then over to mom's to work on her thermostat. What a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment