Thursday, May 7, 2020

Torn Meniscus

I've been having trouble with my knee for over a month but a week ago stepped in a hole took two more steps and had to stop walking and start hobbling around. After a few days the pain didn't seem any less so I finally made an appointment with Dr. Bevill this morning. Of course when I arrived it was mandatory to put on a mask and the only mask I happened to have was one I made out of a sock. All the Covid 19 screening was done before I was allowed inside. The wait for Dr. Bevill was 45 minutes and the diagnoses is a torn meniscus. The treatment is to keep my knee straight, no heavy lifting and to take it easy.  (Yeah, like that is going to happen). It may heal without surgery IF I can baby it for 2 weeks.
Mark called and needed me at Meisters as soon as I got home. When we finished up there Lily and her colt were turned out, a bale put in the middle paddock and another bale put in for Roxanne and Tori. Irish was teased and she is now in her foal heat. I'll try her tomorrow. The camera was taken out to get some pictures of Lily's colt for the website. If the sun hits his coat just right he really shows the silver.



By the way Lily's colt is for sale $5000.00 just in case someone wants the LOOK of a purebred Friesian without the high COST of a purebred Friesian. He should end up that non fading coal black when he sheds his silver foal coat.
Mark wanted to mow the pond pasture with the big Kubota so Lily and Irish along with their foals were both stalled leaving the indoor open for Mark to get the tractor in and out easy.
 Soul and her filly were watching Mark mow. That filly is SO cute!
 Soul went back to eating but the filly put her head through the gate bars so she could see better.
 She was begging for grass. When the grand children come over they always pick grass and give it to her. They think 'she's special' and I have to agree. 
She happens to be available and who ever ends up with her is going to have something 'very special'!
The Warlander breed (Friesian x Andalusian) is an amazing show horse. They are easy to train, yet have that spark and presence the judges love. They are intelligent and athletic. This filly is priced at $5000.00 but honestly with her quality by the time she is 3 and in training she would easily bring thousands more. Speaking of Warlanders, Isla is back for sale. With everything that has happened with the country the buyer will not be able to pick her up. Isla is 2 years old. She should end up around 16.2 to 16.3 hands tall and has amazing movement. The picture below was just taken with my phone yesterday and doesn't really show her quality. She has the hair, the height and the presence of a show horse PLUS is SO very friendly AND she is priced at only $7000.00.
 Check out her movement taken last October in the video below. She really IS special.
Did I mention how well behaved she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment